Nursery Teaching Assistant
Contract: Full Time Fixed Term Contract (1st January 2021 to 31st August 2021)
Applications Close: Monday 2nd November 12.00pm
School of Christ the King is a primary school in South Bristol which serves the community of Filwood. In July 2018 OFSTED commented that:
‘The School of Christ The King is a welcoming, caring school. Staff make every effort to ensure that any obstacles to learning that are placed in the way of its pupils are overcome. There is a very positive atmosphere in classrooms and teachers have high expectations of pupils’.
We are really excited for you to support us to develop our new nursery into a dynamic and well structured, supportive setting. One which identifies strengths and needs efficiently to support the whole school goal of ensuring increased school readiness for our Reception intake.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, highly motivated, nursery practitioner to join our dedicated, friendly and supportive team. The ethos of the school reflects its strong Catholic values and the school fosters a strong sense of community. Pupil learning is the focus of all our work and we are looking for an excellent practitioner who has high standards and high expectations of their pupils.
We are looking for someone special who is:
- An excellent practitioner with successful experience of working in an early years setting.
- A person who has a genuine passion for early childhood development.
- Able to inspire and support children to become active, independent thinkers and learners.
- Able to understand and be sensitive to the needs of very young children.
- A person who has a strong belief in the effectiveness of teamwork.
- Committed to high standards of early years classroom practice.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
We are proud to offer:
- A play based learning environment where children’s well-being and involvement is paramount.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere where we value innovation, creative thinking and we are all enthusiastic learners.
- Delightful, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
- A friendly, supportive and talented staff team; committed to working together to drive the school forward.
- A supportive Governing Body and parent community.
- A strong safeguarding team who are supportive in their approach.
Both newly qualified practitioners as well as experienced practitioners are very welcome to apply and we welcome applications from Catholic candidates and candidates who are supportive of the Catholic ethos.
If you would like to discuss this role with the headteacher, please contact the School office on 0117-966-4844 or email him directly. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and all references will be thoroughly vetted.
School of Christ the King Catholic Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.