TEACHING ASSISTANT – permanent contract term time only
BG6 - £15,064 (pro rota)
Required from 6th January 2021
32.5 hours / week – (Monday – Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm with 30 minutes daily lunch break)
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, committed person, with good interpersonal skills, to work as a Teaching Assistant, in Nursery (Foundation Stage) across our provision for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
The role would involve working under the direction of the Nursery Manager to provide support for learning activities in the educational and social development of the children within the classroom. You will work with small groups as well as individual children to ensure all make expected progress in all areas of the EYFS; we are early adopters of the new EYFS framework.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a Nursery class;
- Understand the needs of Nursery age children and have a working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and its assessment;
- Be committed to continued professional development and have already gained a NVQ 2 or equivalent in childcare and education and at least grade C or equivalent in GCSE English and Maths;
- Embrace our inclusive ethos whilst maintaining high expectations for behaviour
- Be committed to building and maintaining positive relationships
- Have an excellent health record and be physically fit;
- Be a team player with good communication skills.
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team
- A school that is committed to seeing all children flourish
- Supportive parents and governors
- Children and staff who enjoy learning together
- A commitment to your own professional development
If you are someone who puts children at the heart of learning, encourages innovation, is nurturing and sees challenges as opportunities then please contact Michele Daniels, Office Manager on (0117)-9031447 to arrange a telephone call to the school. Pre-booked telephone calls to the school prior to application are encouraged. The following dates and times are available: -
Thursday 5th November between 11am and 12pm; Wednesday 11th November between 10am and 11am or Friday 13th November between 1:45pm and 2:45pm.
To apply, please complete the Bristol City Council application form, on the e-teach website.
Shirehampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references which are gathered prior to the selection stage.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th November 2020 (noon)
Interviews: Tuesday 24th November 2020
Shirehampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references which are gathered prior to the selection stage.