Start date: 1st September 2022
Hours: 26 hours and 15 minutes per week, Monday to Friday, 8:45am – 3pm, term time only.
Salary: Hay 10 (£12,483 - £13,248 per annum)
This is a fixed term role until 31st August 2023, subject to a review of pupil numbers.
We are looking for a special person to join our team. We require a friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, and dedicated teaching assistant or nursery assistant to support children with SEND in our school nursery, including individuals with medical needs.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is organised, caring and committed to supporting the well-being and development of young children.
• Is flexible and adaptable
• Is able to work effectively in a team
• Has high expectations alongside a warm and positive approach
• Has a clear understanding of practices and policies the EYFS curriculum
• Has experience of engaging with and supporting children’s learning
• With appropriate training, is prepared to support medical needs.
• Is trained to level 2 of a Teaching Assistant qualification
• Experience of supporting children’s learning to meet individual needs
• Experience working with children with SEND
• Experience supporting children in toilet training
• Experience implementing Speech and Language support
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A supportive, hardworking and friendly staff
• Enthusiastic children
• A well-resourced learning environment
• Appropriate training and opportunities for professional development in our caring, vibrant school community.
Closing date for applicants is Thursday 14th July at 12pm
Interviews are set to take place on the week commencing 18th July.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required.
St John's Mead Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.