St. Anne’s Infants’ School
Headteacher: Anna Sutherland
Bristol Grade 6 Learning Support Assistant required to work within a nurture provision Mon – Fri 12 – 3.30pm, fixed term from ASAP – 31st Aug. 2021
We are looking for the right person to join our inclusive school and work closely with an experienced practitioner supporting children aged 4 – 7 years in our established nurture provision, Supernovas.
Supernovas provides intensive support to children whose emotional, social, behavioural and/or cognitive learning needs mean they are unready to fully meet the social and/or learning demands of school life.
The aims of the group are:
- To provide carefully routined sessions where there is a balance of learning and teaching, affection and structure and adults modelling positive relationships in a safe, home-like atmosphere
- To build in the basic and essential learning experiences normally gained in the first three years of life through the environment described above
- To support children in developing:
- self-confidence, self-esteem and self-belief
- positive, trusting, reciprocal relationships with adults and peers
- awareness of and responsibility for themselves and others
- visual and kinaesthetic awareness of themselves and their own bodies in space
- appropriate and purposeful attention to their immediate real world
- communication and language skills
- behaviours that will facilitate a positive and productive pathway through school and life
- good decision-making skills through understanding the natural consequences of behaviour thus enabling them to participate fully and effectively in the mainstream classroom
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in working with children with additional needs inline with our inclusive practices and nurturing ethos. We are ideally looking for a proactive, resilient person with proven experience of working with children needing support with their social and emotional development and a strong ability to work in a team.
“Reach for the stars”
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- work closely with the nurture lead, class teachers, other members of the Inclusion Team and outside agencies to provide consistent support and approaches for children
- implement and adapt plans to support children in securing progress towards personal targets
- utilise strategies that will promote independent learning
- support with the set up and maintenance of the learning environment in Supernovas
We are seeking to appoint someone who enacts our school vision ‘Reach for the Stars’ and values:
- Team player
If you are interested in this position, please contact the school to arrange a socially distanced visit or find out further information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, a declaration of nondisqualification by association and two fully supportive references.
Closing date for applications: 9.30am Monday 28 September, interviews will be held on Friday 2 October.
St Anne's Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.