Blossom House is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ specialist school for children aged 3 – 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. Our Christopher place site caters for Primary aged children only.
Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Salary: AfC Equivalent to Band 5 to Band 7
Salaries for Occupational Therapists start at Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change (AfC) Pay Rates (£24,907 to £30,615). Salaries for specialist occupational therapists range from £31,365 to £37,890 (Band 6) and advanced/highly specialist occupational therapists from £38,890 to £44,503 (Band 7). The School will pay the closest equivalent AfC pay bands within the School’s own Pay Scales.
(Full-Time, Permanent, with 9 weeks holiday)
Due to School expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our Therapy Team, supporting children who have speech, language and communication difficulties.
You will also be responsible for your own caseload delivering therapy treatment programmes in small groups and on an individual basis according to your professional judgement. If you are a newly qualified Therapist, ongoing support and development will be provided and applications are welcomed.
You will also be required to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team, which includes Speech & Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Drama Therapists, Music Therapists and Art Therapists.
You will also be responsible for representing the department at meetings, clinical supervision, reports, arranging and delivering training, probationary review and managing your team.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Opportunity to design bespoke intervention packages for children based on your professional judgement.
• Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Arts Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Continued professional development.
• Competitive salaries, generous staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Preferably experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
• Completed all relevant training in Sensory Integration.
• Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team.
The role is Permanent, Full-Time
Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00, 9 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
Annual salary: Competitive Market Rate (dependent on experience)
Salary: Band 5 to Band 7 equivalent AfC using the School’s Pay Scales
(Early applications encouraged)
Start date: asap
If you wish to apply for this post, please download the application form and email your completed form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the application activities detailed at the end of this document to the recruitment team.
For further information please contact Annerie Shephard.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks.
Blossom House Christopher House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.