Paediatric Occupational Therapists (2 roles available)
Contract: The roles are Permanent, Full-Time roles
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00, 9 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
Annual salary: Competitive Market Rate (dependent on experience)
Salary: Band 5 to Band 7 equivalent AfC using the School’s Pay Scales
Start date: March 2022
(Early applications encouraged)
Blossom House is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ specialist school for children aged 3 – 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities.
Due to School expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for 2 Paediatric Occupational Therapists supporting children who have speech, language and communication difficulties. The role could potentially be based across all sites.
The roles are varied (based on experience and location within the school for children aged 3-19) and range from supporting other Occupational Therapists to develop their skills while also providing an Occupational Therapy service focusing on sensory motor development and functional skills, amongst other responsibilities. You will also be responsible for your own caseload delivering therapy treatment programmes in small groups and on an individual basis according to your professional judgement. If you are a newly qualified Therapist, ongoing support and development will be provided and applications are welcomed.
You will also be required to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team, which includes Speech & Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Drama Therapists, Music Therapists and Art Therapists.
You will also be responsible for representing the department at meetings, clinical supervision, reports, arranging and delivering training, probationary review and managing your team.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Opportunity to design bespoke intervention packages for children based on your professional judgement.
• Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Arts Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Continued professional development.
• Competitive salaries, generous staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Preferably experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
Closing Date: 21/02/2022
If you wish to apply for this post, please download the application form and email your completed form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the application activities detailed at the end of this document.
For further information please contact:
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks which will include an Enhanced DBS check.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.