Are you ambitious and innovative?
Do you have the passion and skills to be part of our school office team?
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive administrator to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment. This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department, developing their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will have experience of working in an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis. As an Office Assistant the successful candidate will play an integral role in partnership with the Office Manager and Office staff in shaping the future and growth of Chestnut Park
About Chestnut Park Primary School
As a recently built school, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found ' Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of schools systems SIMS is essential
- Experience working in a busy school office environment
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
- In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office and ideally some experience of updating and maintaining website content
Why work at Chestnut Park Primary school
- An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A new modern, purpose built environment to aid the delivery of your role
To start 'ASAP 'to meet the demands of a fast growing school, we have a post available within the school office, for which the working hours per week will be 13.5 hours - 2 days a week, 39 weeks a year; Term time only. Initially 8.15am to 3.30pm with the potential to increase hours as the school grows
Salary: FTE of £17,322 - £20,523 which is within G3/4 support range
Pro Rata: £5,537- £6,560
Hours of work: 13.5 hours per week (2 days)
Closing date for applications – 1st March 2020
Interview date – W/C 2nd March 2020
Please contact the school office and speak to Natasha Rainford-Hay Office Manager .
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.