My Online Schooling have an excellent opportunity for an Online School Counsellor to join our team, delivering lessons on Anxiety Management and conducting counselling sessions with young people (aged 7-18) on a one to one basis. We are looking for a professional and dedicated candidate who will be committed to empowering young people to thrive in their education.
“We offer an individualised, inclusive and internationally accessible British education where our pupils are respected as individuals, enjoy learning and are empowered to thrive in the 21st Century”
- Inclusive - We believe every child is capable of success and we empower our pupils to determine what success means to them
- Individualised - We create confident and empowered independent learners equipped with skills and pathways to achieving their goals
- International - We enable families across the world to live a more enriched life by aligning their lifestyle to the educational needs of their child
- Innovative - We are a progressive British online school, rooted in values of innovation, inclusivity and creativity, to UK and international families
My Online Schooling offers a new pupil-centred approach to education. We provide solutions for the diverse needs of young people and their educational goals, enabling them to achieve individualised success. We focus on the pupils' ambitions in learning. Through this, we allow our pupils to develop and maintain a healthy attitude to learning, and are empowered to build on their own strengths, talents and interests. We have adapted the best aspects of physical schools to the online environment to ensure that our pupils receive the full educational experience, without the distractions and pressures often experienced in traditional classrooms.My Online Schooling is uniquely placed to help pupils prepare for their futures. We are proud that our school is truly international, with over 1000 pupils in over 90 countries worldwide, experiencing over 1000 live lessons each week. Pupils share their learning with others from all over the world, bringing international awareness to every class, while upholding the standards of British education. Our pupils receive internationally recognised school qualifications and develop a high level of intercultural respect, better preparing them for the 21st Century.
- A Bachelor's degree in Counselling, Psychology or a related discipline
- Fully qualified teacher status
- Affiliation or membership with relevant professional bodies i.e. BACP or COSCA
- A minimum of TWO years teaching experience
- A proven track record of outstanding (classroom) practice
- Proficient IT user, with a working knowledge of video conferencing platforms and LMS such as Canvas or Moodle
- Knowledge of the range and type of interventions available for young people with SEN
- Experience with young people who have EAL needs
- A positive personal ethos and a proactive approach to education in the British-style
- Exquisite communications skills that use a variety of online strategies that engage our whole school community
- The willingness to work diligently and collaboratively to achieve the aims and objectives of the faculty/school, and deliver a world-class education
- The ability to act as a role model for all our children and young people, and staff
- The personal drive to engage in professional development and improvement, to share good teaching practice and action research to further the school's position in the education sector worldwide
- A supportive environment with motivated and compassionate pupils
- Opportunities to contribute to whole school development
- Opportunity is fully working from home (with opportunities to visit the school Head Office in Edinburgh)
- A caring environment - we have high expectations of all staff but we are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our teams across the school
- A subscription to the mindfulness app, Headspace, to support staff wellbeing
- A strong commitment to professional development - we will support your aspirations
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who have the drive and motivation to be the leaders in online learning worldwide
- A strong leadership team who are driving the school forward with a clear vision
Hours available: 4 dedicated hours of class sessions. Ad-hoc 1-1 counselling sessions with young people who enrol in these sessions.
Our school has recently launched its own podcast. Search 'My Online Schooling' wherever you listen to podcasts.
Please read the role profile before applying. All applications must include a comprehensive personal statement to be considered.
My Online Schooling is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
- My Online Schooling operates with stringent safeguarding policies which all members of staff must adhere to without exception.
- All lessons are recorded for safeguarding purposes.
- Appointment to posts in regulated activity are subject to DBS checks and other vetting procedures deemed appropriate.