Out of School Club Manager
20 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
2:30pm-6pm afterschool club (includes 30 minutes each day set up & additional admin time)
Additional Teaching Assistant Contracted hours available should the successful candidate be interested (up to 17 hours).
Start date: Tuesday 6th September 2022
Salary: C1 Point 12-17 Hourly Rate: £11.50-£12.69 p/h Term Time Only
The successful candidate will hold a full and relevant L3 EYFS qualification
The Governors of this Outstanding Catholic Primary School (Ofsted) wish to appoint an Out of School Club Manager to work in our new After School Club.
There is the opportunity to work additional hours in a teaching assistant capacity inside school hours working with school children between 9am-2pm, should the applicant be interested.
We are looking for a committed OOSC manager who:
• Will be fully committed to safeguarding the children in our care and will adhere to our rigorous safeguarding and child protection policy and procedure and health and safety policy and procedure at all times, ensuring all OOSC staff do the same.
• Has a full and relevant EYFS Level 3 qualification.
• Has experience of working with 3-11 year olds and has familiarity with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Has excellent organisational and IT skills.
• Is able to effectively lead and manage a team to deliver excellent childcare provision.
• Has a good understanding of child development from the age of 3
• Understands the varied needs of children and families and know how to effectively respond to support these needs.
• Is hardworking, resilient and professional.
• Is a team player with excellent leadership skills with drive and determination.
• Has excellent communication skills with sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children in our care.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate the opportunity:
• To work in a safe, happy, warm, welcoming school and Out of School Club.
• To work with children who are well behaved and polite.
• To observe, learn and contribute to outstanding practice.
• To work with a highly reflective and genuinely supportive team.
• To become part of our Catholic School Community.
• To receive CPD which matches experience and aspiration.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to a DBS and other relevant checks with statutory bodies. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged: please telephone on O1937-582163 if you would like to visit.
We are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Bureau Disclosure.