Outdoor Learning/Forest School Practitioner
Salary: starts at £25,137, pro rata from £4,751 for 8 hours per week.
Start Date: The position is to start from February 2022
Hours: 1 day a week from 8-4.30pm, working a total of 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 INSET days).
High View Primary School, part of the Sutton Education Trust, is looking to appoint a Forest School/Outdoor Learning Practitioner to facilitate and implement the school's outdoor education curriculum, working 1 day a week from 8am-4.30pm.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated level 3 trained (or equivalent) Forest School/Outdoor Learning Practitioner, to provide outdoor learning sessions across the primary age range - specifically for year 2 and 4 classes. The successful candidate will be hard working, show initiative, have a good sense of humour, work well as part of a team but also be pro-active in advancing our outdoor learning development. The successful candidate should be willing to undertake any relevant training.
We are looking for someone who:
- Level 3 or above trained, ideally in Forest School - desirable
- is able to develop small group outdoor learning sessions to a range of primary aged pupils
- is able to form good relationships with children and work in partnerships with parents, colleagues and other professionals
- enthusiastic, resourceful and understanding with a positive outlook
- an excellent communicator who works well in a team and shares good practice
- is able to drive the further development of our already established outdoor learning journey
You will join a friendly, supportive and hard working team with lots of opportunities for professional development and training. Visits to the school are available - please call to arrange a tour.
Closing Date: Midnight Monday 24th January 2022
Interview: Monday 31st January 2022
High View Primary School and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Certificate along with a signed Disqualification by Association is required for this post prior to commencement.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.