We are looking to recruit an Outreach Teacher to join our excellent Steps to Success primary SEMH outreach service. We are seeking a high calibre teacher who will have knowledge and skills to provide a behaviour support service to mainstream primary schools and to develop their SEND provision. The successful candidate must be passionate about improving outcomes for vulnerable pupils and those who find it difficult to regulate their behaviour. As part of a dedicated outreach team the candidate will be required to work independently and have the skills and experience to enable autonomous practice in all areas, including behaviour management, consultation advice, service delivery and decision-making.
This is a vitally important role and the successful candidate will be expected to work alongside Whitehouse PRU staff to utilise proven techniques, to promote inclusive teaching and learning, and to reduce fixed and permanent exclusions.
The successful candidate will be part of an experienced team, under the supportive leadership of the Whitehouse PRU Executive Headteacher and Whitehouse PRU Head of School
What qualities are we looking for?
A teacher who
• has proven behaviour management skills
• is passionate about improving outcomes for primary aged pupils across the city
• is dedicated to providing inclusive classroom practice and removing barriers to learning
• is nurturing and solution focused
• has excellent communication and organisational skills
• is flexible and reliable
• has high levels of motivation, imagination and enthusiasm to promote strong and effective teamwork
• is the ultimate professional and understands the importance of partnership working
What we can offer you
• A challenge, new direction and valued role
• Opportunity to make a difference for pupils across the city
• Being part of a supportive team with an excellent reputation
• A bespoke programme of continued professional development
Bridgeview Whitehouse is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.