Salary: Grade 9, £21,589 - £24,799 FTE (actual salary: £18,879.97 per annum, rising to £21,687.18 per annum through annual increments
Hours: 37 per week (Mon - Thurs, 08:00 - 16:00 and 08:00 - 15:30 on Fri)
Contract: Permanent, term time only (to incl. INSET days), plus an additional 4 days in the holidays
Winterbourne Academy are looking for an exceptional candidate to work alongside the Headteacher’s PA, to provide efficient and effective support to the Academy’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The post-holder will also be required to provide a ‘front of house’ service for students who require support and assistance for a range of issues throughout the academy day and manage a team of receptionists on a day-to-day basis.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• To provide support to the Headteachers PA’s
• To be first point of contact for members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
• To provide efficient and effective administrative and secretarial support to SLT
• To ensure the maintenance of clear and effective filing, records and other systems and keep them updated
• To enter and retrieve student information from the SIMS administrative system
• To take responsibility for the administration and organisation of school photos and the immunisation programme
• To co-ordinate and support student events
• To make contact with parents as required, where information is needed or to advise
• parents on student related matters
• To provide a ‘front of house’ service for students who require support and assistance for a range of issues throughout the academy day
- to supervise the student reception area
- to return, where required, lost property to students
- uniform related matters
- assist with first aid
• Line manage reception staff, delegating tasks as appropriate, managing work schedules
• Carry out performance and development reviews for reception staff, assuming responsibility for their training and development
• To provide additional support to the main reception team and other administration teams when required
• To promote a positive image of the Academy, through ways of working and in communication with others
The post-holder will be required to work 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time only, plus INSET days), plus an additional 4 days in the school holidays. There may be occasions when the attendance outside of your normal working hours is necessary to fulfil this role therefore flexibility is required.
The successful candidate must able to work professionally with confidential data and work independently using initiative. They will have well-developed administration and organisational skills ensuring that important activities are completed within tight timescales and with accuracy. They will be able to work logically, resourcefully, proactively, and efficiently. They will be a confident communicator and enjoy building and maintaining successful, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have a positive approach to providing excellent customer service. The candidate will also have supervisory experience. Experience of using Microsoft Office, especially excel, word and outlook is essential.
Please download the job description and person specification for further information about the role.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts, staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 4th September 2019
Interview Date: TBC