PA TO THE BURSAR
Magdalen College School, founded in 1480, is one of the country’s leading independent day schools.
We are seeking to appoint a PA to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Bursar. This is a crucial role, which involves providing a full administrative service to a key member of the Senior Management Team.
Further details of the position and a Support Staff application form can be found on the Job Vacancy link of our website. Details of how to apply are attached.
The School is seeking to appoint a PA to the Bursar, who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and effective delivery of the School’s support services, including Finance, Estates, Facilities, HR, Health and Safety and IT. The Bursar also acts as the Clerk to the Governors. The PA to the Bursar is a new role that will provide essential comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Bursar. The Bursar’s PA will ensure the smooth running of the Bursar’s office, providing an efficient and discreet service to fellow staff members and external stakeholders. Frequently confidential and sensitive matters must be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
Duties of the role will include, but not be restricted to:
• Planning and managing the Bursar’s diary, appointments and reminder systems, in order to make the most effective use of his time and ensuring the smooth running of the office
• Dealing proactively with all incoming and outgoing correspondence to and from the Bursar’s office, including drafting letters and emails, in order to ensure appropriate and timely responses to all communications
• Receiving the Bursar’s visitors, incoming telephone calls, other messages and, if required, emails; responding on behalf of the Bursar to routine enquiries. Ensuring that all visitors and callers to the Bursar’s office receive an efficient, professional, approachable and welcoming service
• Preparing and processing documents, reports and presentation materials to a suitably high standard, and to agreed timescales, using appropriate software packages
• Planning and organising internal and external meetings/interviews as required by the Bursar, ensuring that appropriate information, facilities and refreshments are provided; making travel arrangements if required
Magdalen College School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and the successful candidate will be required to undergo statutory checks before the commencement of his/her employment.