Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children with speech, language and communication difficulties. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual vulnerabilities, so that each child “blossoms” and has the opportunity to fulfil his or her potential.
Experienced Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist
Band 5 / Band 6 equivalent (AfC Band)
Fixed term role to start asap until Aug 2021
Salary range from £27,100 upwards dependent upon qualifications and experience
Due to school expansion, we are looking for Speech and Language Therapists to join our multi-disciplinary team at our main School in Motspur Park for children aged 3 – 19.
If you are passionate about helping to shape the future of children and helping them to blossom and thrive, we would welcome your application.
• The opportunity to work alongside an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists and Music Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Opportunity to be part of a large and diverse SLT department of over 30 SLTs.
• Small group, 1:1 and in class work opportunities.
• Small caseloads and the opportunity to deliver therapy and see outcomes achieved.
• Opportunity to design bespoke intervention packages for children based on your professional judgement.
• NQT package including regular clinical supervision and support to complete your competencies.
• Generous continued professional development package.
• Great staff benefits and a friendly, caring environment.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• An ability to work closely with Therapists from other disciplines in order to integrate SLT goals into the educational setting.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Knowledge of clinical assessment, treatment planning and implementing, preferably paediatric, therapy programmes.
• An independent approach and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of standardised assessment and clinical observation.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
Benefits include: 9 weeks per annum holiday plus applicable bank holidays
Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00
We will consider early applications, so apply now!
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the website and send your completed application form, detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with your application activity to our recruitment team. The Recruitment Activity is detailed at the end of this advert and should be completed on the application form.
For further information, please contact Jude Bellair, Head of Speech & Language Therapy via email.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.