Parent Link and Pupil Support Worker
Start date: 4th January 2021
Hours: 15 hours per week, term time only (days negotiable)
Salary: Hay 8 (£9,023 - £9,953 per annum)
Watermore is an outstanding school, where children enjoy their learning and staff work together as a strong team.
We are looking to appoint a Parent Link and Pupil Support worker. This is a vital role in our school, providing valuable support for the wellbeing of our children and families.
The post is 15 hours per week. The hours are negotiable, although preferably not Wednesdays (due to availability of rooms).
We can offer you:
• Membership of an experienced, happy and committed staff team
• Fantastic and enthusiastic children, some of whom need your help
• Parents who support the school and are grateful for the help we can offer them
• The support of the SENCO and other staff in developing your role
• A brand new building with a well-resourced, attractive learning environment, including spaces to meet children and parents
• Opportunities for you to develop your skills and experience
We are looking for candidates who:
• Share the school’s ethos and vision
• Can form excellent relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
• Are able to support children to manage their feelings and relationships
• Would bring experience of working with primary age children - as a TA supporting social and emotional needs, as an ELSA, a Thrive Practitioner or counsellor
• Have experience of offering confidential support to parents
• Would be able to run courses and information sessions for parents
• Are committed to working in collaboration with colleagues in a supportive team
• Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’ in the care of our children, including attending occasional meetings or training after school.
The specific duties of this post, as well as the essential and desirable criteria for applicants, are outlined in the job description.
We are sorry that we cannot offer visits to the school at this time, but please email the school office if you would like to speak to a member of the Senior Leadership Team about the role.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 7th December
Interviews will be held via Teams on Friday 11th December
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Watermore Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.