An exciting part time opportunity for an innovative individual with experience of mentoring/teaching KS1/KS2 students in Maths, English or Science.
An opportunity has arisen for a positive and solutions focused Learning Mentor to lead and implement a programme, to help support children address gaps in their learning as a result of Covid-19. Working in partnership with our teachers and senior leaders to plan, develop and implement strategies which contribute towards effective learning, engagement and achievement.
ABOUT PINE RIDGE AND LORRAINE INFANT SCHOOLS
At Pine Ridge Infant, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
Through our partnership with GLF, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools. The school is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points. Pine Ridge Infant is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2019).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TO:
- Plan and lead subject-specific work within small groups, both in the classroom and through intervention sessions.
- Plan and Lead 1:1 subject specific work with targeted individuals.
- Organise and lead revision sessions, recapping on prior learning and addressing misconceptions.
- Provide additional support for pupils shielding or not in school through remote learning plans or preparation of hard copy resources.
- Demonstrate and articulate a high level of pre-existing subject knowledge across KS1/KS2
- Ensure that the sessions that you teach engage all children taught, using appropriate learning resources to enrich the experience.
- Support the designated teaching team, working with others to promote good practice and setting clear expectations for positive attitudes and behaviours.
- Assess children’s work to monitor and evaluate progress, set clear targets built on prior knowledge and plan learning accordingly.
- Secure attainment and progress for all pupils taught, setting challenging targets, tracking progress and intervening where appropriate.
- Critically evaluate and reflect on your own teaching to improve effectiveness.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
- Friendly and supportive staff team
- Staff benefits through the GLF Trust
- A great environment to work in
- Regular on-the-job training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
- Supportive and approachable senior management team.
THRIVE IN A CAREER AT GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £21,121 FTE
Pro Rata: £8,075
Hours of work: 16hrs per week Term Time Only (39 Weeks)
Closing Date: 4th December 2020
Interview Date: w/c 7th December 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.