Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? Would you like to be part of a dynamic school team? Do you take pride in all that you do? Then this is the job for you.
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
We seek to appoint a caretaker to be responsible for looking after and maintaining our school building and grounds. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a small, friendly, happy school. We can be flexible with when working hours take place. Please include your weekly availability in your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
St Nicolas CofE Aided Infant School is a warm and friendly church school based in Guildford. We have 3 classes and a total of 90 children from 4 years to 7. We offer on site parking within walking distance of Guildford town centre.
- a strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and supportive team
- courteous, friendly children, staff, parents and governors.
We are looking for a person who:
• will be responsible for the security of school premises
• is able to carry out general maintenance of the school premises and furnishings, to include painting, decorating and general repairs, along with small scale improvements
• is able to take delivery of stores, goods and equipment and arrange storage
• can escort contractors and monitor their working practices and or quality of work having regard to the school environment
• can exercise overall responsibility for the school heating systems
• is a good communicator and time keeper
• will facilitate any lettings out of school hours by prior arrangement.
The caretaker plays an important part in the smooth and efficient running of the school. The post-holder will be expected to work in a flexible way to meet the needs of the school, combining planned and regular tasks with day-to-day needs and emergency responses.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to be a part of a friendly and supportive forward thinking learning community.
Start date September 1st 2021.
Visits are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a date and time. Closing date is Friday 25th June 2021. The school reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
St Nicolas CE Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. St Nicolas CE Infant School is an equal opportunities employer.
St Nicolas' Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.