Vocational Trainer (Creative Arts)
Reports to: Hub Manager – Digital, creative and higher learning Hub
HMP Berwyn Evaluated Grade: £24,190 -
£28,785 pa pro rata
1. JOB PURPOSE:
HMP Berwyn will offer exceptional learning & skill provision with a focus on rehabilitation to the men it houses. The curriculum offer will support this process and we are seeking exceptional staff to help us deliver this agenda across a wide range of areas.
As directed by the Hub Manager – Digital/Creative and Higher Learning , your role will be to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements, awarding body standards and learner needs in line with agreed policies and procedures within subject areas digital media, art and Music.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
• Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
• Ensure the safeguarding of learners
• Work collaboratively with Essential Skills tutors/Learning Support practitioners to support literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills within the programme.
• Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and agreed policies.
• Compliance with agreed policies and procedures.
• Timely and accurate completion of documents related to accreditation, funding and compliancy
• Participate in continual professional development activities to ensure skills and qualifications are in line with sector best practice.
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and prison security requirements
3. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Hold a minimum L3 qualification in relevant subject specific area Essential
PGCE/Cert Ed Desirable
Hold at least a level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy Essential
Hold appropriate assessor qualification Essential
To hold or commit to gain an Internal Verifier award within 1 year (dependent upon course accreditation requirements) Essential
The ability to speak fluent Welsh Desirable
Have experience in the relevant vocational area Essential
Experience within a similar role Essential
Experience of working within the appropriate vocational sector Essential
Experience of working within a prison, further education or training setting Essential
Job Specific Skills:
Able to fulfil delivery targets and plans Essential
Achievement of quality targets, including those related to recruitment, retention and achievement Essential
Produce accurate and timely reports Essential
Positive contribution to establishment planning & development processes Essential
Positive team working Essential
Releasing Potential Essential
To actively contribute to Novus Cambria’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of learners and staff.
To actively contribute to the principles of Equality and Diversity within the prison.
To work flexibly.
To carry out such training, re-training and updating as may be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post.
To ensure duties are carried out with full regard to Health & Safety legislation and to enable
Novus Cambria to meet its objectives in providing a safe and healthy environment for all users.
To undertake other duties that Management may, from time to time, reasonably require, commensurate with the grade.
Demonstrate an empathy with the Welsh culture
Novus Cambria is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.