Salary: £22,512 - (pro rata actual salary - £8,320)
Location: Seevic campus (Benfleet, Essex)
Hours: 15 hrs 45 mins - 09.30 -15.00 3 days per week Term Time only
Would you like to work for a forward thinking, innovative college?
As a College, our strategy is Career Focused Learning and ensuring that the learner experience and our relationships within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do
The post holder will promote the USP College Work Placement Programme and will be responsible for identifying and assessing prospective work placement opportunities through initiating and developing relationships with local businesses and organisations. As part of our energetic, focused and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success and will support and mentor them through the placement process. This will involve providing group presentations and 1:1 advice/support along with supporting the College Industry Placement Programme where required.
You will be able to build positive relationships with young people and support them to achieve their long-term career goals. You will be able to use your expertise and emotional intelligence to unlock barriers to your students’ progress and provide the tools, support and challenge they need to go forwards. We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity.
WHY CHOOSE US
As a college, our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary.
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working with parents and carers to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, IT skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook), with the ability to work accurately. A confident and professional approach when dealing with students, staff and outside organisations is required.
Although this post is based at the Seevic, Benfleet Campus there may be a requirement to travel to the Palmer’s Campus (Grays, Essex) training and events. A full clean driving licence, access to own vehicle and willingness to travel to surrounding areas is required.
An understanding of Safeguarding including Prevent and Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation will also be required.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Highly efficient and have ability to manage workload and priorities
- A pro-active and confident approach to engaging with employers including cold calling via telephone, face to face and email.
- A resilient and positive outlook.
- A Work Placement Risk Assessment Qualification or willingness to undertake training.
Creating a safe environment for young people and adults.