Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required from 28 August 2020
Part time – mornings only (18.5 hours per week)
Fixed term – one year
Grade D points 6-11 (£19,171-21,166 FTE)
Actual salary £8,208-£9062
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 2 Teaching Assistant to support a child with SEN on a 1:1 basis. The role will involve assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for the child and delivering educational activities and prepared programmes of learning. This contract is for a fixed term of one year
We are a long and established inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. Work is well underway on a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement adviser, ‘genuinely show warmth and support towards one another’.
We have amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed but hopefully you will appreciate these have had to be modified to take account of the current Health and Safety requirements arising from Covid19.
How to apply
To obtain an application form please visit the Trust website or download from the Eteach site. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Sally Read, Business Manager at South Wilford Endowed C of E Primary School, Main Road, Wilford, Nottingham NG11 7AL or by email
Closing date for applications: Friday 10 July 2020 (noon)
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6500 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.