Salary Grade: UNQ - UPS
Salary Band: £17681- £40494 pro rata
Allowance: SEN1 £2207 pro rata
Closing Date: 18 June 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 3 days a week
About the Opportunity
We are looking to recruit a colleague who has enthusiasm and passion to work 3 days a week delivering IT and DT mainly to Key Stage 3 students.
- Are you a qualified DT/IT teacher with SEMH experience? Or;
- Are you a passionate Primary School Teacher who loves teaching DT/IT and has the ability to teach Secondary students with the same passion you have for the subject? Or;
- Are you excellent at making IT exciting for students and /or have the skills to develop practical projects using DT skills but don’t have the formal qualifications of a teacher?
At St. Luke’s Academy, we are making significant improvements in producing positive change. After our last Ofsted visit in 2016 we, as a family of colleagues, have been working tirelessly to transform our school into a beacon of outstanding practice within the local community as a school for students with SEMH needs.
We know it’s not an overnight process, but so far we have made excellent progress and we are excited now to be recruiting a driven individual who has the passion for IT and DT to join our team and show our students they can achieve across many subjects.
In September 2018 we joined a Multi Academy Trust: The White Horse Federation, so in joining us you will not only have the support and dedication of your immediate team at our Academy, but also through an extended Network of a further 30 schools spanning four neighbouring geographical counties within the South West.
St. Luke’s Academy holds a maximum of 77 students, all of which will be filled in September. You can expect support through daily, morning meetings headed by our Principal, Caroline Down; and support with teaching strategies and skills development with Scott Pollok, our Vice Principal.
If you can:
- Plan, prepare and implement learning activities so that students enjoy learning, achieve their full potential and experience a sense of wellbeing
- Create a positive learning environment
- Work collaboratively with support staff to plan learning and ensure students make progress
- Be innovative in assessing, recording and reporting progress for students
- Prepare for and contribute to Annual Reviews
- Work in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for students
- Demonstrate resilience to the needs of students under SEMH and;
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
… Then we want to hear from you!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
These strange and difficult times. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, recuitment across the nation has had to shift quickly; and the White Horse Federation is no exception. We continue to recruit excellent Teachers - remotely, in the knowledge that schools across our Trust will be in need of your expertise for September 2020.
St Lukes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.