Birch Wood School has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our expanding team 3 days per week.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational class teacher who has a passion for teaching children with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will teach students with MLD, PMLD and SLD in Key Stage 4 and work alongside a team of highly motivated support staff. This is a permanent, full time post.
Applications are welcome from MPS or UPS depending on qualifications. Application will be considered from primary and secondary trained teachers.
The successful Candidate will:
- Be dedicated to getting the best from young people, who at times may present as challenging and complex.
- Have high expectations and enjoy the challenges associated with working in this environment to inspire rapid and accelerated progress in order to reach their full potential
- Be committed to the belief that all pupils can achieve and learn, whatever their disabilities
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children who have Special Educational Needs
- Have a flexible approach to working with others whilst forming relationships with young people
MPS/UPS depending on qualifications and experience and SEN1 or SEN2 depending on experience
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application
Closing Date for applications: 9.00 Monday 22nd June 2020
Interview date: w/c 29th June 2020 TBC