Part-Time PE Coach / PE Teacher
Shottermill Junior School is committed to providing the highest standards of educational opportunity to every one of its pupils. As part of this, we a pride ourselves on offering all pupils specialist subject teaching in PE, Music, Art and French.
We are seeking to appoint a PE Coach / PE Teacher to plan and deliver the Key Stage 2 Physical Education curriculum to all children. The role would involve collaboration with other members of staff to lead the subject, with the aim to improve outcomes and participation in sport for all pupils.
The position is equivalent to two full days in school, with responsibility for teaching the PE curriculum to 9 classes, plus extra hours for the co-ordination and delivery of additional coaching, after school clubs and some occasional attendance at sporting fixtures.
This role is fixed for 1 year initially, but will likely be extended subject to the Government’s ongoing commitment of providing Sports Premium funding to schools.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed PE Coach who has:
• A passion for all sports and a drive for improving outcomes for all pupils regardless of background or ability
• Experience of teaching PE in a school setting, preferably with KS2 children (although can be Secondary trained)
• The ability to provide a range of exciting and inclusive activities in a positive and stimulating learning environment
• High expectations and the ability to maintain discipline through positive strategies and building relationships
• Flexibility to attend key sporting fixtures and events outside of school hours
• Good skills of organisation and communication for facilitating participation in inter-school sports
• The ability to assess pupil progress and report on outcomes in PE
• An awareness of the Sports Premium and reporting on how this is spent at the school
• The commitment to ensure the safeguarding and welfare of all our children
• The ability to work as part of a team supporting the core values of the school
• The desire to participate in all aspects of school life
• Relevant sport related qualifications
• GCSE A* - C in English and Maths
• First Aid Qualification
• Candidates are invited to complete the attached application form and return to Louise Gallagher, School Business Manager by the closing date: Monday 27th September 2021.
• There will be an interview with the Senior Leadership Team for shortlisted candidates on Wednesday 29th September 2021.
We are delighted to now be able to resume face to face tours of the school to fully appreciate the positive learning culture, friendly staff team and delightful children we work with. We also recommend viewing our website and virtual tours to get a sense of our school environment, excellent facilities and ethos.
Shottermill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff working within the school to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to possess an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and be registered with the update service. We also expect our staff to complete an extensive programme of ongoing training to ensure children are always safe at our school.
Shottermill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be required to possess an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and be registered with the update service.