Play Leader / Teaching Assistant
Start Date: 01/09/2021
Hours: Part Time- 20 hours per week
Contract: Term Time Only- 39 weeks p.a.
Salary: £10584.79 NJC07
The working pattern will be Monday - Friday 9.45am - 1.45pm.
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative Special School based in purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream schools.
We are a happy, positive and hardworking staff, educating learners aged 4-19 with severe or profound and multiple learning disabilities and many of whom have a co-diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition. We work closely with colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every learner has an Education, Health and Care Plan that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, and Physiotherapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. We have high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young people (experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASC is an advantage);
• Have good communication and numeracy skills;
• Be well organised and able to organise and lead activities to promote play and social interactions;
• Be creative and have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
• Have high expectations of learners’ achievements relating to communication, independence, inclusion in the community and behaviour.
To be considered, you will have achieved a GCSE Grade A*- C 4/9 or equivalent.
We offer you:
• excellent professional development and promotion opportunities,
• enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors,
• a well-resourced school,
• the opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of local learners with SLD in this unique Special School.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to complete the Support staff application form which can be found the school website
Section 9 of the application should address all points on the person specification.
Closing date to apply: 12pm Monday 21st June 2021 Interviews: Thursday 1st July 2021
All application forms should be sent to Carla Osborne,
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.