PART-TIME RECEPTION CLASSROOM TEACHER (0.4 FTE: THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS)
A unique opportunity to teach Reception at a primary school in central London.
WHO WE ARE
Millbank Academy is a state-funded primary school based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a multi-academy trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality: our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum, and in our strong emphasis on raising children’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children study a bespoke curriculum developed by writers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today. We subject-specialise at primary level, meaning that our primary children are taught by several different subject experts, as they would be in the private sector. Millbank serves children from the most socially-deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking bright, passionate and socially-minded individuals. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Intellectual ability (evidenced by degree results) and intellectual curiosity
• Evidence of excellent subject knowledge, whether through degree subject or subsequent experience
• Excellent written and spoken English
• A firm belief in our Trust’s principles and ethos
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Deep pedagogical knowledge, and an understanding of the principles and practice of teaching, planning and assessment in order to support pupils effectively in EYFS.
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives. Our Trust’s motto is libertas per cultum (freedom through education).
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The opportunity to teach engaged and inquisitive pupils in an outstanding and unique primary school.
• Fast career progression. We value knowledgeable teachers who share our vision and understand how to implement it. Such teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, leading a department, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• The chance to make a considerable difference to disadvantaged children’s lives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online on Eteach using the online application, please feel free to browse our list of vacancies should this post not be of interest to you.
Millbank Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.