St Laurence School
Part-time Science Technician
Salary: NJC SCP 9 – 11 Pro-rata for 20 hours pw £9,591 - £10,178 (FTE £20,903 - £22,183)
Contract: Permanent. 15/20 hours per week, Monday to Friday (negotiable) 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Start date: ASAP
We are looking to recruit a part-time Science Technician to help support our successful Science Department.
Main duties will include:
• To be an effective member of a busy technician team.
• To prepare and clear away practical materials from lessons. In the first instance this could include activities such as delivering equipment to rooms, setting up apparatus, washing up and delivering books and resources. As experience develops this could involve making solutions, taking care of laboratory equipment and apparatus.
• To monitor the return and safe storage of equipment and materials on a daily basis in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
• To provide regular information about stock levels to the senior technician.
• To maintain equipment in a serviceable condition, undertaking minor repairs (where suitably trained) and recommending outside repair or replacement where necessary.
• To assist the Department in any further reasonable matters.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 8th October 2021. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks
Interview date: w/c 18th October 2021
St Laurence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.