Uffculme Primary School are seeking to appoint a SENDCO
• 0.4 SENDCO (pay according to experience – up to and including UPS1)
• Required for September 2021
Uffculme Primary School is a popular and oversubscribed 7 class school set within a beautiful village in Devon. The school is part of the Uffculme Academy Trust, consisting of three secondary schools and two primary schools.
The successful candidate will need to bring an innovative and creative approach to supporting the strategic direction and development of SEN provision across our school, whilst effectively managing and developing the progress and achievement of our pupils. The SENDCO will manage the 1:1 and pastoral teaching assistant team and will also play a pivotal role in broader, strategic developments.
This important post will be filled by someone who:
• Has an inclusive philosophy and has excellent leadership skills
• Is fully committed to our school community and its children
• Is a qualified, experienced, high quality primary school teacher
• Has, or is prepared to work towards, the National SENCO Award
We can offer:
• A happy, forward looking school with a hard-working team
• Good systems to support vulnerable learners
• An excellent Teaching Assistant team who undertake interventions and support
• The support of a SENDCO Assistant
• We are advertising this post with a degree of flexibility around which days are spent in school. This is to ensure we attract the right candidate to undertake this essential role in our lovely school.
If you share our vision and values, enjoy a challenge and the rewards associated with supporting young people to reach their full potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Please read the welcome letter, job description and personal specification before applying.
To apply, please complete an application form and attach a separate supporting letter of no more than two sides explaining your suitability for the post and your vision for supporting vulnerable children at Uffculme Primary School, particularly in the wake of the current pandemic.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on 5th March 2021. A provisional interview date has been set for 18th March. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like to know more, or you would like an informal discussion about the role, then please contact Fraser Wallace, Headteacher at Uffculme Primary School.
Uffculme Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.