Are you an enthusiastic person looking to work support children in a brand new school where teaching is fun and inspiring?
The Blue Kite Trust opened 2 new schools in September 2019. Both our schools are continuing our exciting journey of growth and development.
Badbury Park Primary, situated near the hospital, will be moving into our brand new school building in September 2020. We will have a Nursery class, a Reception class and a Year 1 class, growing over time to become a 2 form entry school.
William Morris Primary, situated in Tadpole Garden Village, is housed in a purpose build new building. By September 2020 we will have a nursery class, 2 Reception classes and a Year 1 class, also growing to become a 2 form entry school.
Both schools are friendly, happy places where children are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in teaching skills, sharing knowledge and building special memories that children will take with them through the rest of their lives. Our aim is that through our creative curriculum, inspirational teaching and hands on experiences children will be engaged and inspired in their learning. We want to support every child to do their best and nurture each individual within their class setting.
Our new free school is part of The Blue Kite Academy Trust, a family of primary schools based in Swindon who are increasing in size and offer excellent CPD and career opportunities.
We have growing staff teams, who are supportive and work collaboratively to develop every child.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, committed SENDco to join our team for a morning a week in each school, or a day a fortnight in each school, who:
- Is skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL G&T
- Has knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice & holds the National SENDco Qualification and a broad tool kit of materials to support teachers with varying pupil needs
- Is an excellent teacher with a good knowledge of the primary curriculum
- Is able to advise and support teachers with inclusive practice
- Has excellent communication skills including diplomacy, resilience and strategic thinking
Please see job description for more information.
This role could work alongside other roles which we are currently advertising:
- YR job share teacher at Badbury Park
- Y1 job share teacher at William Morris
We would encourage you to visit the schools to see the fabulous facilities and discuss the role. Please contact the school office to speak to our Executive Headteacher.
Start date: 1st September 2020
Closing date: noon Monday 9th March 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 17th March or Friday 20th March 2020
For further information and to speak to the Executive Headteacher, please contact the school office or look at our school website