Pentyrch Primary School
Temporary 0.6 classteacher
MPS Pay Scale
Part Time 0.6 Teacher
until 31st August 2022
Required for September 2021
The Governing Body wish to appoint passionate, enthusiastic and committed part time Class Teacher from September 2021.
Pentyrch Primary School is a vibrant and happy village school in the heart of the community. The school is situated on the outskirts of Cardiff.
The successful candidate will have high expectations for all pupils with a wide range of ability and experiences. The successful applicants will:
• demonstrate outstanding and innovative practices to raise the achievement of all pupils;
• demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member;
• demonstrate a willingness to lead a subject across the school;
• prove how high expectations of achievement and a commitment to raising standards have had an impact in their career to date;
• be passionate about inspiring children to achieve their full potential;
• create stimulating learning environments to engage all learners;
• provide regular opportunities for pupil-led learning across the curriculum;
• enjoy teaching a creative and integrated curriculum;
• use ICT as an integral part of children’s learning;
• have high expectations of pupil behaviour, attitude, and achievement;
• be hardworking and committed to helping the school move forward;
• have a thorough understanding of current educational developments in Wales;
• have the ability to build good relationships with parents and the wider community;
• have a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Pentyrch pupils are looking for teachers who…
• deliver creative and imaginative lessons a range of resources including ICT and the use of the outdoors;
• provide lots of opportunities for independent learning;
• promote and reward positive behaviour;
• are proactive in responding to pupil voice.
The successful candidates will also have good interpersonal skills. The post is part time 0.6 temporary position until 31st August 2022.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of school-based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Completed applications should be returned to the Head of School, Mrs A Reynolds by Tuesday 29th June, 2021 12pm. They can also be sent by email.
Lesson observations and interviews will be held on Monday 5th July 2021.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.