Class Teacher – Year 5
Hours: 13 hours a week, Job-share (2 days a week - days to be agreed at interview)
Salary: £24,373 - £35,269 per annum pro rata – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 pending a staffing review
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding class teacher to join our dynamic and successful team.
St Barnabas Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, encouraging, positive individual who can motivate all children and provide them with the highest quality learning experiences. The successful candidate will be committed to inspiring children to learn and to fulfil the schools ethos “Aspire, Believe - Together Achieve”.
We are looking for a teacher who can demonstrate and show evidence that they possess the skills and attributes to
• be a motivational teacher with the ability to make a difference
• raise attainment and standards
• have excellent classroom practice
• have experience as part of a successful job share
• get involved in whole school life
• be an active team player who shows initiative and works well as part of a team
• have high expectations of progress and behaviour
• communicate well with all stakeholders
• be a reflective practitioner who seeks professional development
• successfully lead a subject area
In return we can offer
• the opportunity to join a warm, friendly and supportive school community
• a dedicated and committed team with a good sense of humour
• confident and happy pupils who love to learn
• excellent opportunities for continued professional development
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date: 12 noon on 10th June 2020.
Shortlisting: 10th June 2020.
Interviews: 17th June 2020.
St Barnabas CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.