Part Time Teacher of Groundworks
Reference: SCCG2368C | Closing Date: 15/06/2022 | Interview Date: TBC
Salary: £23,925 - £39,624 (Pro rata salary £14,355 - £23,774). Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Contract Type: Permanent | Hours per Week: 0.6FTE Location: City Skills College
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Groundworks / Civils Teacher within our Centre of Excellence for Construction and BES. Within this post you will teach Apprentices who are working towards the Apprenticeship standards in Groundworks.
We are looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join our outstanding Construction and BES Team. You must be committed to achieving excellence in teaching and learning, with a proven track record of results whether your experience comes from working in the construction industry or in a teaching capacity within Further Education.
Prior experience of teaching in an FE or Sixth Form College would be desirable but not essential to fulfil this role, however a willingness to work towards a teaching qualification is essential. The successful candidate will have relevant experience within industry and hold suitable Qualifications at Level 3 and desirably a HNC in Construction.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reasons to Join Us:
- Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A range of developmental & career opportunities including a dedicated hour per week for CPD
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings for high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
- 3pm finish on Fridays
Commitment to Safeguarding
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees
The College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
City Skills Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.