At Pudsey Grangefield School we pride ourselves in equipping our students with the knowledge and skills to become successful global citizens and we recognise the importance of China as a nation of increasing global significance. Consequently, we have secured funding from the Department for Education and the IOE Confucius Institute to launch the prestigious Mandarin Excellence Programme to begin in September 2019. The aim of this unique and ambitious programme is to ensure that the UK has an additional 5,000 students who are on track to achieve fluency in Mandarin Chinese by the beginning of the next decade.
As a school with a Good Ofsted judgement, we are excited to be eligible for this highly regarded initiative and moving on to the next stage of our development are seeking to appoint for September 2019, a part-time teacher of Mandarin Chinese who will join our dynamic Modern Foreign Languages Department.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has the flair and expertise to engage and inspire students through their teaching of Chinese language and the culture of this fascinating country
• Can demonstrate our core values of integrity, compassion, ambition and resilience as well as a determination to ensure all students thrive and make progress
• Is passionate about school improvement and developing students to achieve their very best
• Who has high standards of expectation for themselves and others and through this will support the fostering of a culture of excellence across the school
• Will be an excellent member of the department and will show dedication, drive and commitment to our goal of ensuring the highest standards in education for our students
Why work at Pudsey Grangefield School?
• Be a part of our rapidly improving school
• The opportunity to play a key part in the continuing transformation of the school
• The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff who are ensuring our students are successful in every way
• Have the opportunity to work alongside hub-schools in the Yorkshire and Humber region and University College London, with access to high quality Teaching and Learning training, networking events, CPD and national teacher meetings held annually in London.
• Be part of a supportive organisation which prides itself on high standards for staff and students
• Work in an award-winning state of art building
Appointments made are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Pudsey Grangefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.