Partnership Primary Deputy Head Opportunity
Based at Meadhurst Primary School
With a lead on Inclusion
To start January 2021
This role will appeal to ambitious existing leaders who are looking to take the next step to progress their career in leadership and specifically within Inclusion. You should have a track record of successful school improvement, expertise in the teaching of children with SEND and will be passionate about the continued improvement in all areas of Inclusion. You will have some experience of driving forward change management and promoting high quality provision for SEND children both within a mainstream setting and within a centre.
The successful candidates will benefit from strong leadership development programmes and career opportunities afforded by a successful and growing Trust
We are looking for:
• Innovative, collaborative leaders who are confident communicators
• Strong vision with the ability to enthuse others
• Well qualified and resilient leaders who will be excellent role models in the further development of teaching and learning
• A good knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning SEN, safeguarding, equal opportunities and Health and Safety.
• Experience of working within an alternative provision
• Fluent communicators with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to persuade and influence in a variety of contexts as well as able to work as part of a team and line manage other staff
• experience of working with children who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs
• Passion and creativity about teaching and learning
• A creative approach with the ability to look at improved ways of working
We can offer:
• An outstanding, flexible accelerated professional development programme
• Excellent teaching and support staff at all levels who are committed to an inclusive ethos
• An inclusive caring school with high expectations
• A fantastic CPD opportunity and a route to possible further senior leadership positions
• An opportunity to have a strategic lead over the centre provision
• An opportunity to contribute to the school’s considerable success within the partnership model
• Enthusiastic staff, committed to taking the school forward
• Friendly pupils, supportive parents and a welcoming environment
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. In addition to a competitive salary and extensive rewards and benefits scheme, the successful candidates will receive first-rate leadership and professional career development, as well as regular coaching and mentoring from Executive Leaders, including our Director of Primary Education.
Meadhurst Primary School is a friendly school, based in Ashford Common Middlesex, and prides itself on offering a caring nurturing, inclusive provision where children can make progress, achieve well and develop their own unique skills and talents. Meadhurst is a three form entry primary school and also provides access and support for pupils with a full range of Special Educational Needs that one would expect to find in an inclusive mainstream primary school, with a designated Speech, Language and Communication Centre which caters for up 20 pupils.
Selection Process will take place on Thursday 14 October and Friday 15 October 2020.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Meadhurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.