THE HOWARD PARTNERSHIP TRUST
Linden Bridge School is an academy Special School with The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT). We provide a specialist aspirational education for young people aged 4 to 19 years with complex social communication needs, including residential provision.
The school has received four consecutive "Outstanding" Ofsted inspections and is a partner in our THPT SEND Support Service, school offering specialist SEND and Autism support, outreach and training for schools, professionals, and parents.
Are you an innovative and strategic Principal committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an inspiring Principal to join our fantastic team at Linden Bridge. As Principal, you will promote a relentless focus on high quality, creative learning, and safe and secure care. You will oversee our pupil's educational needs, maximising children's achievement, and their ability to develop as well as maintain a safe and secure environment for our residential children. This is a great opportunity for a Principal who is looking to be an innovative and strategic leader, ensuring both Schools and residential establishment have the resources, staff, and ability to inspire learning in both academic and personal SEND environments, for our children and young people.
Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be the custodian of our strong safeguarding culture, where pupils are respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
The successful candidate will have line management responsibilities for the school and Head of Care, you will deliver clear, authentic leadership to our multidisciplinary team, you will have resilience, drive, and proven track record of delivering educational outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
You will ensure the school and residential provisions have effective management and an engaged, high performing team to deliver outstanding education and care. Quality is always top of our agenda and we pride ourselves on the quality of what we do.
Working together with the Executive Principal, this is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and experienced Deputy Principal, as well as an existing Principal. The successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development together with a sustained commitment from The Howard Partnership Trust to his or her professional career development, as well as regular coaching and mentoring.
We are looking for:
• A strong and visible leader with vision, drive, energy and high aspirations for the children and young people they serve
• Proven track record of school improvement
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff, pupils, parents, and the wider school community
• An innovative, collaborative leader, with commitment to our values and the ability to inspire others and lead by example
• A commitment to SEND and inclusion ensuring that all pupils receiving an outstanding educational experience
• A thorough understanding of current educational developments
• An understanding of CQC standards and inspection framework and how it relates to the residential provision
• The ability to lead in changing circumstances and formulate strategies to deal with them
• A commitment to securing a strong safeguarding culture across the school
We can offer:
• Outstanding professional development
• Support from colleagues at all levels who are committed to excellence and bringing out the best in all our pupils
• Collaboration with successful, supportive, and highly strategic senior leadership teams across The Howard Partnership Trust
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation
• A welcoming environment across the Trust
• A Multi Academy Trust and Local Governing Body that provides strong support, effective challenge, and strategic direction
Calls to members of the Executive Leadership Team for THPT are welcome and can be arranged by contacting the THPT Recruitment Team.
Application deadline: 27 September at midday
Day 1 of the Selection Process will be held on Monday 4 October 2021
Day 2 of the Selection Process will be held on Tuesday 5 October 2021
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Linden Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and members of our community to share this commitment. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support and protection. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism, and promote British values and children’s rights.