This role will initially be based at Meadhurst Primary School and, whilst we do support all our senior leaders to embrace a full range of roles and responsibilities over time, this role will have a specific focus on leading in Inclusion in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Partnership Vice Principal, initially based at Meadhurst Primary School, who has the commitment to bring out the best in all our children. We are looking to appoint a collaborative and innovative school leader, with a clear compelling vision to enable each of our children achieve levels commensurate with their abilities as well as inspiring both the school and community.
The new Vice Principal will have resilience and drive and a proven track record of delivering strong educational outcomes. Working together with the Senior Leadership Team this is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and experienced leader who has a passion of working within the primary sector and Inclusion. The successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development, together with a sustained commitment from The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT) to professional career development, as well as regular coaching and mentoring.
Meadhurst Primary is one of the family of schools within The Howard Partnership Trust, offering inspirational education to children from 3 to 11 years. There are 2 or 3 classes in each year group with a Low Coin Centre. From September, a new High Coin Centre will be opened to reach capacity over the next three years.
Meadhurst provides a nurturing environment where each child is valued; where positive attitudes and a lifelong love for learning are promoted to help children grow into independent, respectful and resilient adults who strive to achieve personal aspirations. Leaders at all levels inspire others and use their expertise to encourage everyone to be the best that they can be. The sense of community is extremely strong and rooted in our school values. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do, something that we are passionate about and have a good reputation within the community and across the Trust. We are a large and well-resourced site, with a committed staff, excellent CPD and coaching opportunities, extensive outdoor areas and a supportive Interim Academy Board (IAB).
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development and a sustained commitment from THPT to their career.
We are looking for:
• A strong and visible leader with vision, drive, energy and high aspirations for the children and young people they serve
• Proven track record of school improvement
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff, pupils, parents, and the wider school community
• An innovative, collaborative leader, with commitment to our values and the ability to inspire others and lead by example
• A commitment to SEND and inclusion ensuring that all pupils receiving an outstanding educational experience
• A thorough understanding of current educational developments
• The ability to lead in changing circumstances and formulate strategies to deal with them
• A commitment to securing a strong safeguarding culture across the school
We can offer:
• Outstanding professional development
• Support from colleagues at all levels who are committed to excellence and bringing out the best in all our pupils
• Collaboration with successful, supportive and highly strategic senior leadership teams across The Howard Partnership Trust
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation
• A welcoming environment across the Trust
• A Multi Academy Trust and Local Governing Body that provides strong support, effective challenge and strategic direction
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: Wednesday 6 October 2021 at 12 Noon
Day 1 Selection Process: Tuesday 12 October 2021
Day 2 Selection Process: Wednesday 13 October 2021
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Meadhurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.