WHO WE ARE
The Grange Academy is a state-funded Secondary based in Bushey. The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies, an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire and comprising of three primary schools, six secondary schools, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated initial teacher training programme and our very own Curriculum Centre. Future Academies’ motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’): at the heart of everything we do is our belief that all young people can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Through the provision of a rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum, first-class education enrichment programme, and nurturing and supportive environment, Future Academies aims to improve the life chances and aspirations of all children under their care.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate Pastoral & Safeguarding Administrator/Deputy DSL to join our Pastoral team ensuring the effective care of the social, emotional and learning needs of all individual students.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Inputting Referral forms into SIMS on a daily basis
- Arranging appointments with parents
- Preparing incident logs and other information for exclusion meetings
- Preparing and arranging for letters to be sent home as requested
- Calling parents to discuss attendance and punctuality concerns
- Draft letters to parents for things such as exclusion and behaviour incidents
- Audit pupil files as required
- Be available for any Safeguarding concerns, queries or incidents
The successful candidate will be/have:
- DSL level 2 qualified
- Experience working in a similar role within a school
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above
- Basic knowledge of first aid; e.g. emergency first aid course
- Good knowledge of a range of learning barriers including special needs
- Experience of contributing to, and assessing of, provision for children with a range of needs
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Dedicated to making a difference to the lives of our pupils
- To be a positive, willing and adaptable member of the team at all times
- Committed to the wider life of the school
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our staff can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Access to our “Outstanding”-rated Initial Teacher Training programme. Our Curriculum Centre creates a bespoke teacher training and support package to give our future teachers the best possible start in Education.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Perkbox. Access to our employee benefits platform where you can access over 200 different Perks.
• Access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as a season ticket loan and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Pastoral & Safeguarding Administrator/Deputy DSL position at The Grange Academy please download the attached application form, complete and return by 30th October 2020 at 12pm.
Further information on working at The Grange Academy and Future Academies can be found on our website.
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.