Pastoral Head of House – BISHOP YOUNG C of E ACADEMY
Salary: S01 SCP 23 to 25 (£26,999- £28,785 FTE)
Actual pro-rata for term time only plus 10 days (40 weeks), £23,788.82 - £25,362.46
Bishop Young C of E Academy is a thriving and highly successful 11-16 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. We are part of Abbey Multi Academy Trust and share in the Trust mission to work In Partnership to 'Educate, Nurture and Empower'.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Pastoral Head of House and would welcome applications from individuals who can rise to the challenge and can demonstrate impact and improvements in their current role.
We are looking for:
• In this role you will be responsible for the pastoral welfare of the students within your “Cathedral” (House). You will ensure that each individual’s safety, happiness and well-being is at the top of our priorities through the provision of high quality care, challenge, guidance and support.
• You will also be responsible for developing a sense of identity within your Cathedral.
• A highly motivated and hard-working person with the capacity to contribute to the on-going development of the school
• A team-player who can develop positive relationships with children, families and colleagues
• Someone who will support the Christian ethos of the school
We can offer you:
• A school that values and invests in the continuing professional development of all staff
• A fantastic team of dedicated and committed staff based in an excellent learning environment
• Additional recruitment and retention allowance may be available for an exceptional candidate plus access to an individually tailored CPD package
• Visits to our school to meet the team and experience our wonderful atmosphere, are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the Recruitment Team.
Bishop Young is a welcoming, caring, calm, disciplined, inspiring and purposeful environment. One of the greatest strengths of the academy is our focus on quality teaching and we are committed to ensuring that all our students achieve outstanding results.
We have high expectations of all of our students and aim to equip them with the knowledge, skills and self-confidence they need to achieve life-long success. Our dedicated and forward-thinking staff focus on our culture of challenging and inspiring students, in an environment of mutual respect where each child is recognised as unique and special.
At Bishop Young we have provided young people and their families with a therapeutic, nurturing, and academically rigorous learning environment.
Through a bespoke and tailored Character Education Programme, “The BISHOP Character”, we are committed to ensuring that our students are given opportunities to develop ‘soft skills’ such as perseverance and integrity, so that they are able to sustain success when they leave us and move on to Higher Education or work.
We prioritise support for staff and students around SEMH and wellbeing. Please follow the social media links below to see examples of this. As such, our staff and students feel valued and loved.
Since opening as a new academy in 2017, we have made exceptional progress. Bishop Young is achieving great things and we are looking for people with a caring and nurturing ethos to be part of our team.
Candidates who have the motivation to work with a vibrant team and the passion to work with children in a supportive and rapidly evolving environment, are encouraged to apply.
We would welcome applications from individuals who can rise to the challenge and can demonstrate impact and improvements in their current role.
Visits to our academy to meet the team and experience our wonderful atmosphere, are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the Recruitment Team.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Bishop Young C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.