£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
We are seeking two candidates to cover maternity leave from September 2019:
1 x 37 hours per week for 40 weeks per year
1 x 18.5 hours per week for 40 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty and in liaison with the Student Support Co-ordinator, you will be focusing upon learner retention and success by providing regular 1-1 support to enable learners to access all aspects of the College curriculum. In the first instance this role would involve supporting Landbased students. Contribute to the college achieving ‘outstanding’ levels of student retention and achievement by tracking and monitoring learner’s academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns. In addition, you will identify learners who are giving cause for concern, support learners to achieve their full potential, through appropriate mentoring, lead group pastoral and personal development activities and assist College Academic Staff, to coordinate and undertake their duties.
With the contractual hours of 37 hours per week for 40 weeks per year, the actual salary including holiday pay is £18,455 - £19,582 per annum. With the contractual hours of 18.5 hours per week for 40 weeks per year, the actual salary including holiday pay is £9,227 - £9,791 per annum.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.