Salary Grade: L
Salary Band: £19,092 - £22,161 pa pro rata
Actual Salary: £15240 - £17690
Location: St. Luke's Academy
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Term Time
Closing Date: 07 July 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start: 02 September 2019
About the Opportunity
We wish to recruit an outstanding Pastoral Worker who would like to join our dedicated and inspirational team and contribute to ensuring our students flourish. The role of the Pastoral Worker across the academy is a pivotal position in providing both strategic intervention and reactive support for all our students and staff.
We work differently at St. Luke's Academy. We motivate and engage students to believe in themselves through matching the care and education to meet their needs. We believe that all students regardless of their backgrounds can achieve beyond their expectations with support and guidance from professional, exciting and inspirational staff. We encourage, nurture and challenge students to do their best in every aspect of their development. We have high expectations of our students and ourselves.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The federation are passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning across our schools. Our ultimate aim is to provide students with access to a broad range of experiences and challenges so that every student reaches their full potential.
Our ideal candidate will be
An excellent Pastoral Worker who loves working with student in special educational needs and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully as part of the pastoral team under the direction of the Pastoral Manager.
- Be able to support all students in their ability to recognise triggers and regulate their emotions.
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Has experience of working with student with social, emotional and mental health difficulties;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all student.
We can offer you
An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our students and see for yourself! Please contact 01793-705566 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
St Lukes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.