If you love sport, enjoy working with children and want to play a part in their sports education and wellbeing, then why not consider becoming a PE Teaching Assistant?
This is a two year Supporting Learning in PE and School Sport Apprenticeship with Robin Hood Junior School and will cover both the Intermediate and then Advanced Levels.
As a PE and School Sports Teaching Assistant Apprentice, you will be:
- supporting and assisting the PE Lead Teacher in the organisation, development and delivery of PE lessons, sports fixtures and matches;
- delivering safe and engaging lunchtime, breakfast and after school activities; and
- working under the guidance of staff to include all pupils in PE and school sport and to promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
Robin Hood Junior School is a friendly and diverse school situated in the heart of the London Borough of Sutton. We are a maintained school for boys and girls aged 7-11 years and we have a strong and supportive ethos across the whole school community. Governors, parents, the leadership team, all staff and pupils care about and contribute to the development of the school. We seek to create a safe, caring and happy environment in which all pupils are involved and can thrive personally socially and academically.
Apprenticeship training is provided through a combination of online coursework, carrying out the role and visits to the school from an approved training provider. The hourly rate is set at £5.10 for the first year and this will increase in year two according to age, but will be a minimum of £5.60 per hour dependent on progression to the Level 3 apprenticeship.
- Reliable, committed and self-motivated with a flexible approach to the working week
- Good organisational and time management skills with an ability to plan and organise.
- Ability to work effectively and with support from the teacher to deliver sport related learning activities to small groups and whole classes.
- A basic understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and a willingness to contribute to the support and development of children.
- Good spoken English and clear communication skills
- Able to form effective and appropriate relationships with both young pupils and adults
- High standards of personal conduct in and outside school
- A good role model
- Enthusiastic about promoting sport and healthy lifestyle choices to others
- Previous experience of sports/coaching is desirable, but not essential
- A commitment to learn and develop
- 5 GSCE’s (Grade A-C/9-4) including English and Maths (or equivalent)
Robin Hood Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will always be made of the successful applicant's background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.