PE and Sports Coach
Are you a talented and ambitious PE and Sports Coach looking for the next step in your career?
If yes, then Horsenden Primary School may have just the challenge for you. The Headteacher is looking to further strengthen the sports provision at Horsenden with the addition of a passionate PE and Sports Coach. This is an ideal next step for a new or experienced Coach who enjoys making a positive contribution to the whole school through widening participation in sports and competitive sporting events. You will be someone who wants to work in a large and diverse school with the support of an experienced team.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
• Is an enthusiastic practitioner who wants to have a positive impact on pupil outcomes
• Has high aspirations for all pupil’s achievement and behaviour
• Is inspired and passionate about learning and has the ability to motivate and inspire others
• Values inclusion and has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying new and innovative ways of working
• Has a clear commitment to improvement and has excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community.
• To teach PE across the school as part of the PPA team.
• To help our children take part in competitive sporting events in and out of school.
• To ensure that all necessary paperwork associated with any event off site is in place prior to an event, including risk assessments, transport, parental permission, first aid etc.
• To work collaboratively to develop our approach to PE, sports and healthy living across the school.
• Work productively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
• To achieve high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils through the provision of a rigorous curriculum.
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
• To work constructively as a member of the team to promote the wellbeing of pupils.
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school is on an exciting journey of improvement and is looking to invest in developing and growing teachers.
What we will offer:
An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff. Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring. An enthusiastic team and motivated children who are eager to make good progress in their learning.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found on the Government website.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact Filomena Carver, Office Manager, to make an appointment to visit the school.
To apply: Read the Guidance Notes and upload your completed application form to Eteach.
Closing date and shortlisting: 17/05/2021 (12pm noon)
Interviews: 20/21 May 2021
Horsenden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.