The children, staff and governors of Newlands Federation would like to appoint a PE coach with excellent communication skills to join our fun loving and supportive team at Newlands Federation. We are a federated community of two small schools dedicated to providing the very best education for our enthusiastic learners.
Part of the role will involve coaching children in a range of sports during the school day as part of our enhanced PE provision. Ideally this would be for two afternoons at Clandon CofE Primary School and one day or two afternoons at our sister school Shere CofeE Infant School. The second part of the role is leading our Active Hour provision for an hour after school at Clandon on your three (or four) working days. Children attending the club will be introduced to a wide range of sports and play games in order to help them develop a healthy lifestyle and understand that keeping fit can be fun.
This is a fixed term role until 31 August 2023, with the possibility of extension. If the role were spread across four afternoons, the hours would be 1.00pm - 4.30pm, totalling 14 hours per week.
We are looking for someone with:
• An absolute passion for education & fitness
• Excellent skills and reflective practice.
• A willingness to try something new and to take risks.
• A motivation to create wonderful learning experiences for children that will stand the test of time.
• A belief that every child can succeed and the determination to help each child fulfil their potential.
We can offer you:
• A supportive team and a friendly working environment.
• A group of eager, creative, curious children.
• The freedom to innovate and create.
• A commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
As Head Teacher I warmly welcome you to visit our school but must warn you that it is likely you will fall in love with this little place – I did!
At Newlands Federation (Clandon Primary School & Shere Infant School & Nursery) safeguarding is our highest priority; we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.