Wemms Education Centre – PE (Female)
Are you looking for a way into teaching where you can get Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a PGCE AND get paid while you study? Then we have the placement for you.
Wemms Education Centre is an established and prestigious independent, special provision school which caters for students with academic aspirations who are not well suited to mainstream education. Our students all have EHCPs and a variety of educational needs and we are proud to be able to offer an academic education and second chance to our students, many of whom go on to successful careers in further education, university or occupations of their choice.
We are a unique, specialist provision school and are proud to be different, putting the needs of our students first and enabling them to not only fulfil their potential, but thrive in all aspect of their life in the process.
Wemms was a finalist in the Independent Schools’ Senior School of the Year competition in 2020 and is registered in the Good Schools Guide and are currently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
Due to rapid expansion and an increasing need for special education provision in our area, we are looking for a number of teaching roles to be filled, starting in September 2021 and are happy to consider trainee teachers.
We are interested in hearing from applicants who are committed to becoming the best teachers they can be and who are willing to embrace developing all aspects of outstanding human beings. Our training routes vary according to experience and we encourage trainees to have two subjects, but we are offering an opportunity to train as a teacher in a supportive environment and to ‘earn as you learn’.
Please note that acceptance onto a teacher training QTS/PGCE is subject to the trainee meeting the eligibility criteria of the awarding body and requires a 2:2 or higher degree, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, and passing an Enhanced DBS check. You must also be eligible to work legally in the UK.
- Be looking for a position which really delivers on job satisfaction
- Be eligible to work as an independent consultant, full-time or part-time with hours to suit
- Pass an Enhanced DBS check
- Have at least a 2:2 degree and Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Be committed to teaching and bringing out the best in every pupil, and yourself
- Start in September 2021 with an initial 12-month contract
- Be open to rethinking ways to best deliver outstanding education
The benefits of working for Wemms Education Centre
- We welcome everyone as part of our inclusive family
- Pleasant working conditions and hours in a bespoke environment
- Work with outstanding teachers gaining excellent results for students and GCSE and A’ Level
- Free tea/coffee and refreshments
- Excellent staff retainment
- Regular school celebrations including birthdays
- Overseas trips available (most recent school trips have visited France, Germany, Spain and Jersey)
- Staff parties at Christmas, Easter and the end of the academic year
- Full CPD program for all staff
- Staff wellbeing promoted in school including weekly yoga and writing for wellbeing groups
- No homework policy for KS2 and KS3
- Annual residential conference in 4-star hotel
- Working towards Healthy Schools, Artsmark and Mental Health accreditations
Wemms Education Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.