Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular,
oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher of Physical Education to join a successful department with excellent resources and facilities. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential.
We welcome applications from NQTs, for whom we have a superb induction programme.
The successful candidate should be a highly motivated and
successful practitioner who is willing to contribute to all aspects of the school vision and the many extra-curricular activities that the department offers.
Why Highdown School?
• We are a Good School with many outstanding features which
continues to rapidly improve
• We are committed to staff professional learning and
leadership development for all staff, at all levels
• We provide highly regarded NQT induction and Coaching for
• We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’
• Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the
Princes Teaching Institute
• Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of
excellence’. Why not join us?
Closing date: Applications considered on receipt
Highdown School & Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.