New Directions Education are currently recruiting a qualified PE teacher on behalf of a Comprehensive School based in the Newport area. This is a well established mainstream secondary school providing education for pupils aged between 11-18.
The school is renowned for its high standards and continuous academic excellence. In order to guarantee this success, the school provide a creative and exciting learning environment whereby pupils are encouraged to show ambition, to maximise their potential, and to embrace all aspects of school life in order to develop a wide-ranging skill set.
The PE department are currently seeking a highly skilled teacher to provide an innovative & effective learning experience. The ideal candidate must:
Have some experience teaching up to GCSE level;
Be EWC registered;
Have a clear DBS;
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) are welcome to apply for this role.
We have regular supply teaching jobs for Physical Education (PE) Teachers available to qualified teachers who can teach Key Stage 3 (KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4) and possibly Key Stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE should also register with us.
As a PE Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of your subject specialism
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
New Directions Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.