Westwood Primary School is a happy, vibrant place where Teachers are encouraged to be creative and inspiring.
We are looking to recruit a primary teacher with a PE specialism to cover PPA across the school.
About the role:
• This role is to cover PPA time across the school and teach 1 day per week in year 6
• There may be an element of teaching other subjects but the majority of time will be spent teaching PE.
• You will line manage the schools Physical Activity Co-ordinator
• You will also be responsible for organising PE equipment, leasing with external sporting groups, taking children out of school to participate in competitions and organising whole school events such as sports days.
• You must be an enthusiastic, adaptable and engaging teacher
• A PE specialism or a great deal of PE experience is essential
• As you will be working with a number of classes you must be an excellent communicator
• There will be occasions when you will be doing other teaching in school, not just PE, so you will need to have a good working knowledge of other subject areas.
If you are an inspirational and caring teacher, who is passionate about children’s education and well-being, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the school to make an appointment.
If you require any further information, please contact Mrs Carla Ramsey, the School Business Manager.
Closing date: 9:00am Monday 7th February 2022
Interviews: Friday 11th February 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and pre-employment medical clearance.
Westwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.