This is a bespoke opportunity for an experienced People/HR Operations Advisor to join one of the Trust's leading secondary schools, Rosebery, an outstanding school in Epsom.
We are looking to appoint someone who has a Level 3 HR qualification, combined with an interest and understanding of payroll management, to join Rosebery as a People Operations Advisor.
The successful candidate will have experience working within a school environment, and will work as part of the regional people team, led by the Regional People Partner, to deliver an expert service to our schools, including:
- Carrying out People administration duties across a range of People activities including data management and reporting, compliance and general People administration
- Undertaking recruitment and on-boarding administration, ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures, particularly with regard to safer recruiting
- Maintaining regular and effective communications with a range of school colleagues and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Communicating and actioning payroll information to our provider timely and accurately
- Providing advice to colleagues to support a successful resolution on first line HR queries such as employment terms and conditions and GLF’s policies and procedures.
This role will be primarily based at Rosebery School, with an occasional need to support other schools, when required. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements.
About Rosebery School
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we are looking for
- Have a relevant Level 3 (or above) HR qualification
- Have a good awareness and understanding of People administration, to ensure compliance with regulation and procedures
- Have previous school experience
- Have experience managing payroll authorisation and submission procedures
- Be able to prioritise and organise your work to tight and changing deadlines
Join Our Community
GLF Schools operates 41 primary and secondary schools in 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England. This year we are celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi-Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils.
Our vision is to raise the aspirations and achievement of all children within our schools. We believe that every child can achieve the highest academic standards with a vibrant, challenging and rich curriculum. We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity and serves the needs of their local community; we are committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education.
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish:
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start Date: As soon as available
Salary: GLF Senior Specialist £30,000 (FTE)
Pro-rata salary: £27,132
Hours of work: 36 hours a week, 41 weeks a year (term time plus 2)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place