WHO WE ARE
Churchill Gardens Primary Academy is an Ofsted Good rated state-funded Primary Academy based in Pimlico. We are part of Future Academies, an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire and comprising of three primary schools, six secondary schools, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated initial teacher training programme and our very own Curriculum Centre. Future Academies’ motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’): at the heart of everything we do is our belief that all young people can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Through the provision of a rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum, first-class education enrichment programme, and nurturing and supportive environment, Future Academies aims to improve the life chances and aspirations of all children under their care.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Churchill Gardens Primary Academy seeks a passionate and inspirational Peripatetic Violin Teacher to join their team in delivering exceptional enrichment classes to our pupils. You will be highly experienced teaching violin to children and young people and able to teach 3 hours a week to groups of 15 students from year 4 to 6. The position requires you to be self-employed and the hourly rate is £35 per hour.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and hardworking pupils
• High quality facilities with excellent resources
• A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach violin to groups of 15 students
• Prepare students for performances and examinations
• Contact parents to discuss attendance and progress of students.
• Be in contact with Head of Music at Pimlico Academy to help prepare students for Cross-Trust performances
• Write a report on student progress in the summer term to be sent to parents
• Act in a professional manner
The successful applicant will be:
• A passionate and outstanding performer as well as committed to music education
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to work within a team
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Peripatetic Violin Teacher position at Churchill Gardens Primary Academy please download the attached application form, complete and return by 2nd November 2020 at 9am.
Future Academies reserve the right to appoint at any stage of the recruitment process.
Churchill Gardens Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.