The Governing Body, staff, and pupils seek to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and committed class teacher who can support the educational vision of the school. The post is currently for a Reception class.
Abbey Primary School is split over three sites and this post will be based within the Foundation Phase department at the Infant site, however the school will soon be moving to a new school on one site.
The successful candidate will:
- be a high calibre, inspiring teacher
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a deep understanding of how children learn successfully
- Have experience of working in Foundation Phase and show an excellent knowledge and understanding of the new school curriculum.
- Have high expectations of the children academically and socially.
- Maintain excellent standards of behaviour
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to all areas of school life.
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills with staff, parents, and pupils.
- Demonstrate the communication skills necessary to take responsibility for areas of the curriculum/school initiatives
- Have current up to date knowledge of digital learning/ICT
We can offer you:
• Happy, fun loving children
• Hardworking, dedicated and welcoming staff
• Supportive Governors, parents and local community
• Excellent resources and working environment
• Effective opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Abbey Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.