OAKFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mr David Harris
MPS / UPS
Suitable for NQT’s
To start Monday 4th November 2019
Due to the promotion of the current post holder the Headteacher and Governing Body of Oakfield Primary School are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who is fully committed to children’s learning, wellbeing and the raising of standards.
The successful candidate will need to have high expectations of pupils with a wide range of abilities and experiences. They must want to fully embrace the opportunities of working alongside an enthusiastic, hardworking, committed and helpful team of staff. They will need to be an excellent practitioner who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils. This role will initially be in a Year 1 class.
The successful candidates will be:
• strong motivational practitioner who demonstrate the desire to work within a committed team
• able to teach in both Foundation Phase (including Early Years) and Key Stage 2 settings
• adaptable, flexible, resourceful and committed to excellence
• committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality
• ICT proficient in the delivery of lessons, where relevant
• able to plan and deliver appropriate and challenging Programmes of Study for children of all abilities and have a very good knowledge of additional learning needs
• able to teach Welsh in an English medium primary school
• able to lead an aspect of expressive arts
• able to commit to running an after school club
• demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a sound knowledge of effective behavioural management strategies.
If this opportunity excites you, then we would like to meet you!
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50161857 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by 12.00 pm Midday, Monday 14th October 2019 to: FAO Mr. David Harris, Headteacher. Oakfield Primary School , Ferntree Drive, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0AA.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 14th October 2019
(Closing time and date will be strictly adhered to)
Interviews: Week beginning 21st October 2019
If applicants have not been contacted by the week beginning Wednesday 16th October, 2019, then they should assume that they have not been successful in being shortlisted.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.